- Red Wines
- White Wines
- Where to buy
- Artist Series
- Gifts & Accessories
- Wine & Food Pairings
- Cellar Rats Wine Club
- Tasting Room
- About Us
Custom Wine Label Artwork Specifications
Please use the following guidelines in preparing wine label artwork.
- JPG/JPEG format
- Files submitted must have a minimum 300 dpi resolution
Wine Label Dimensions
- Vertical label size: 3.87" wide x 4.62" tall (we trim to: 3.75" wide X 4.5" tall)
- Horizontal label size: 4.62" wide x 3.87" tall (we trim to: 4.5" wide X 3.75" tall)
Printing & Color
- All printing is 4-color CMYK laser
- It is best not to use a border, just bleed the background to the edge. DO NOT use a dark background with a lighter color on the interior of the label.
- Color matching is as accurate as possible within technological limitations but may vary slightly from what is displayed on a computer monitor
- Wine label content describing wine type, production year and appellation must not conflict with Northwest Cellars' federally approved back label.
- Artwork cannot contain copyrighted images or text unless customer owns or has licensed such material.
- Northwest Cellars retains final approval on artwork.
- Artwork should be submitted in electronic form.
- via email attachment: Artwork [at] Northwest Cellars .com
- Customer-designed wine labels are accepted by Northwest Cellars "as is" and will not be edited or altered in any way without express written instructions from the Customer. Content, design and accuracy of text, spelling, font selection, graphic and photo element image quality, etc., are the sole responsibility of the Customer.
- Custom art and label design is billed directly to customer via credit card at current hourly rate.
- Custom design work will be performed by Northwest Cellars or an affiliated graphics specialist.
- Customer must approve artwork prior to printing and label application, even if artwork is provided by customer.
- Customer-requested changes to label designs, whether the design was prepared by the customer or Northwest Cellars, which are made after final approval and after label printing and/or application will be subject to additional label design and production charges.
- Customer agrees that Northwest Cellars reserves the right to use their label on the Northwest Cellars website and for other promotional purposes.
"We had my husband's 50th birthday party last weekend and served Old Guy Red. It was a big hit! My husband was thrilled and our guests commented on the high quality of the wine. It was such a fun addition to our party. Thanks for all of your help in making it special."
~ Debbie Mack - Olympia, WA
Your choice of labels
Our award-winning wines ship with your choice of the Northwest Cellars label, or your own custom-designed label.
For my husband's 60th birthday party I wanted everything to be perfect down to the last detail. Thanks to the creative help of Northwest Cellars, we were able to give each of our guests a bottle of wine that was personalized just for our party. How often can you find a great quality bottle of wine with a label that has a picture of your husband in the bath tub? It was a huge hit!!! We also served Northwest Cellars wine at the party and the response was wonderful to both the red and white wine.
My husband, John, surprised me at this birthday party and asked me to nenew our wedding vows. Not only did I get a new beautiful wedding ring, but each of our guests received a fabulous dark chocolate bar, from Northwest Cellars, with our image and the words "You still take my breath away. Love, John." It was a spectacular party and I am still receiving thank you notes for the wonderful gifts we gave our guests. Most of them had to stop looking at the chocolate bar and just eat it because it was so tempting. Thank you Northwest Cellars for making this a party people won't ever forget.
Mrs. Wendy Hardman
Thank you for your help making this project a reality! I have been working on this concept for a number years and now that I have received the final product, I am delighted. The whole package -- the label, the service and your wine choices -- is fabulous. I was pleasantly surprised at how good the wines are, especially for the price. I feel very fortunate to have found this cost effective way to make my dream happen! The reaction to the Cabernet-Merlot by my associates was very positive (even better than I hoped for). Thank you for a terrific job! You are a great group to work with. Lets do it again!
Online Gift Market