- Tasting Room
Custom Wine Label Artwork Specifications
Please use the following guidelines in preparing wine label artwork.
- JPG/JPEG format
- Files submitted must have a minimum 300 dpi resolution
Wine Label Dimensions
- Vertical label size: 3.87" wide x 4.62" tall (we trim to: 3.75" wide X 4.5" tall)
- Horizontal label size: 4.62" wide x 3.87" tall (we trim to: 4.5" wide X 3.75" tall)
Printing & Color
- All printing is 4-color CMYK laser
- Bleeds are permitted, and are designated in our downloadable blank label templates (above)
- Vertical label size: 3.87" wide x 4.62" tall (trim: 3.75" wide X 4.5" tall)
- Horizontal label size: 4.62" wide x 3.87" tall (trim: 4.5" wide X 3.75" tall)
- Color matching is as accurate as possible within technological limitations but may vary slightly from what is displayed on a computer monitor
- Wine label content describing wine type, production year and appellation must not conflict with Northwest Cellars' federally approved back label.
- Artwork cannot contain copyrighted images or text unless customer owns or has licensed such material.
- Northwest Cellars retains final approval on artwork.
- Artwork should be submitted in electronic form.
- via email attachment: Artwork [at] Northwest Cellars .com
- via CD-R disc: ship to Northwest Cellars office via trackable common carrier (e.g., FedEx or UPS)
- Artwork submitted in hard-copy form for scanning is subject to a $25 scanning charge.
- Customer-designed wine labels are accepted by Northwest Cellars "as is" and will not be edited or altered in any way without express written instructions from the Customer. Content, design and accuracy of text, spelling, font selection, graphic and photo element image quality, etc., are the sole responsibility of the Customer.
- Custom art and label design is billed directly to customer via credit card at $60 per hour.
- Custom design work will be performed by Northwest Cellars or an affiliated graphics specialist.
- Customer must approve artwork prior to printing and label application, even if artwork is provided by customer.
- Customer-requested changes to label designs, whether the design was prepared by the customer or Northwest Cellars, which are made after final approval and after label printing and/or application will be subject to additional label design and production charges.
- Customer agrees that Northwest Cellars reserves the right to use their label on the Northwest Cellars website and for other promotional purposes.
"The people who work there seem very knowledgeable. I've referred them to clients. I thought I got some bad wine from them once, but learned later it was not- I called & told them & they walked me through & very gently told me it was my own mistake, but gave me a case of wine in the meantime to cover. It was so far above & beyond, made me a customer for life."
Your choice of labels
Our award-winning wines ship with your choice of the Northwest Cellars label, or your own custom-designed label.
Personalized Wine Labels
I've given a few away - and shown the label to lots of people. The feedback is great! Your designer did a fantastic job. I took a bottle to Thanksgiving dinner and everyone there really liked the label - and the wine, too. It was quite a treat. Thanks so much - I am beyond pleased.
The Lavender Connection
WOW!! That was one delicious wine. Thank you so much for sharing it with me.
Our friends Lucie and Rich were visiting with us for the entire week and on Saturday we joined Carla and Don and some other of our friends for golf at Snohomish and a bbq at Carla’s after the game. I saved your bottle for this special occasion :-)
When Al poured me the first taste, I was overwhelmed by the wine’s smoothness and the rich taste. I had to quiet the entire room and speak a little bit about the wine’s history and invite everyone to taste it…before I drank up the entire bottle!
It was a most delicious wine experience. Thank YOU and Dave for creating such a beautiful bottle and for sharing its fantastic taste with us. It was a real treat!!”