- Tasting Room
- About Us
Custom Wine Label Artwork Specifications
Please use the following guidelines in preparing wine label artwork.
- JPG/JPEG format
- Files submitted must have a minimum 300 dpi resolution
Wine Label Dimensions
- Vertical label size: 3.87" wide x 4.62" tall (we trim to: 3.75" wide X 4.5" tall)
- Horizontal label size: 4.62" wide x 3.87" tall (we trim to: 4.5" wide X 3.75" tall)
Printing & Color
- All printing is 4-color CMYK laser
- It is best not to use a border, just bleed the background to the edge. DO NOT use a dark background with a lighter color on the interior of the label.
- Color matching is as accurate as possible within technological limitations but may vary slightly from what is displayed on a computer monitor
- Wine label content describing wine type, production year and appellation must not conflict with Northwest Cellars' federally approved back label.
- Artwork cannot contain copyrighted images or text unless customer owns or has licensed such material.
- Northwest Cellars retains final approval on artwork.
- Artwork should be submitted in electronic form.
- via email attachment: Artwork [at] Northwest Cellars .com
- Customer-designed wine labels are accepted by Northwest Cellars "as is" and will not be edited or altered in any way without express written instructions from the Customer. Content, design and accuracy of text, spelling, font selection, graphic and photo element image quality, etc., are the sole responsibility of the Customer.
- Custom art and label design is billed directly to customer via credit card at current hourly rate.
- Custom design work will be performed by Northwest Cellars or an affiliated graphics specialist.
- Customer must approve artwork prior to printing and label application, even if artwork is provided by customer.
- Customer-requested changes to label designs, whether the design was prepared by the customer or Northwest Cellars, which are made after final approval and after label printing and/or application will be subject to additional label design and production charges.
- Customer agrees that Northwest Cellars reserves the right to use their label on the Northwest Cellars website and for other promotional purposes.
"One of the reasons I like them is the location- very close to where I live so it's convenient & they just do a very good job of making wine. We like to consume their product :) They should just keep doing what they do, they do a fine job."
Your choice of labels
Our award-winning wines ship with your choice of the Northwest Cellars label, or your own custom-designed label.
"A friend of ours brought a gift case to our 10th anniversary celebration, a picture of my wife and I with the caption '10 years of Marriage.' The wine performed meritorious service for our 20 guests and was reported 'missing in action' by the end of the night. Bravo!"
Henry and Nancy Dardene