- Tasting Room
Custom Wine Label Artwork Specifications
Please use the following guidelines in preparing wine label artwork.
- JPG/JPEG format
- Files submitted must have a minimum 300 dpi resolution
Wine Label Dimensions
- Vertical label size: 3.87" wide x 4.62" tall (we trim to: 3.75" wide X 4.5" tall)
- Horizontal label size: 4.62" wide x 3.87" tall (we trim to: 4.5" wide X 3.75" tall)
Printing & Color
- All printing is 4-color CMYK laser
- Bleeds are permitted, and are designated in our downloadable blank label templates (above)
- Vertical label size: 3.87" wide x 4.62" tall (trim: 3.75" wide X 4.5" tall)
- Horizontal label size: 4.62" wide x 3.87" tall (trim: 4.5" wide X 3.75" tall)
- Color matching is as accurate as possible within technological limitations but may vary slightly from what is displayed on a computer monitor
- Wine label content describing wine type, production year and appellation must not conflict with Northwest Cellars' federally approved back label.
- Artwork cannot contain copyrighted images or text unless customer owns or has licensed such material.
- Northwest Cellars retains final approval on artwork.
- Artwork should be submitted in electronic form.
- via email attachment: Artwork [at] Northwest Cellars .com
- via CD-R disc: ship to Northwest Cellars office via trackable common carrier (e.g., FedEx or UPS)
- Artwork submitted in hard-copy form for scanning is subject to a $25 scanning charge.
- Customer-designed wine labels are accepted by Northwest Cellars "as is" and will not be edited or altered in any way without express written instructions from the Customer. Content, design and accuracy of text, spelling, font selection, graphic and photo element image quality, etc., are the sole responsibility of the Customer.
- Custom art and label design is billed directly to customer via credit card at $60 per hour.
- Custom design work will be performed by Northwest Cellars or an affiliated graphics specialist.
- Customer must approve artwork prior to printing and label application, even if artwork is provided by customer.
- Customer-requested changes to label designs, whether the design was prepared by the customer or Northwest Cellars, which are made after final approval and after label printing and/or application will be subject to additional label design and production charges.
- Customer agrees that Northwest Cellars reserves the right to use their label on the Northwest Cellars website and for other promotional purposes.
"We had my husband's 50th birthday party last weekend and served Old Guy Red. It was a big hit! My husband was thrilled and our guests commented on the high quality of the wine. It was such a fun addition to our party. Thanks for all of your help in making it special."
~ Debbie Mack - Olympia, WA
Your choice of labels
Our award-winning wines ship with your choice of the Northwest Cellars label, or your own custom-designed label.
Personalized Wine Labels
We needed a unique way to say "thank you" to our guests and the wine labels were perfect. Northwest Cellars was great to work with and the designer took our elements and combined them to create a design that was complementary to all our marketing materials. The sparkling wine with our unique label was the perfect way to deliver a very personal message to a large number of people.
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center