- Tasting Room
Schools are successfully fundraising with wine and it's easy to see why. Wine fundraisers are a fun opportunity for a social occasion with fellow parents. It's much more sophisticated than some of the more common school fundraisers; but keeping it light-hearted and fun will dispel the fear factor and remind donors that they do not need to be experts to enjoy good wine. It's a great opportunity to get to know people and build support for your school.
The process is simple:
1. Students create art for labels.
2. Northwest Cellars works with the school to schedule a wine tasting with the parents. Using an order form, parents order the wines they like with their own child’s artwork on the label.
3. The school gathers the order forms and submits them to Northwest Cellars. We process the orders, do the labeling, and the school picks up the wine at our Kirkland location, or we can ship ( for an extra cost ).
Keys to success: a good group of volunteers to manage the process, a graphic designer to assemble the final labels, a great turnout at the wine tasting event
Northwest Cellars sells the wine to the school at a 40% discount, and the school can sell to the parents at whatever price they choose. The school needs to get the appropriate Special Occasion Permit from the WSLCB.
1. We have a minimum order of 4 bottles per label.
2. The Student’s name should be somewhere on the label.
3. The file name for the label needs to be in the format smith_john.jpg, using the student’s name; and the order forms need to match.
4. The labels need to be the horizontal format, details here. Once you create this format, turn it 90 degrees before submitting. We will provide you an upload link.
"We were so glad we found Northwest Cellars to help us with our custom wine label auction project. The children had so much fun creating their own labels, the wines were very high quality, and Northwest Cellars was so easy to work with. And most importantly, the project raised almost $9,000 for our school!"
Assumption-St. Bridget School
"I had a really positive experience on the customized wine labels."
...the wine was great! Everyone loved it. The best part was when my husband arrived with dyed hair, temporary tattoos, and fake beard and mustache... I didn't recognize him! (I guess maybe 50 DID affect him?). Anyways, I got the last laugh as he wandered to the wine table and said, "Well, honey, what kind of wine did you get?" He picked up a bottle, stared at it a few seconds then exclaimed, "Holy sh__! That's me!"... I got the last laugh :) He LOVED the wine more than any other aspect of his bash... We kept one bottle and have it out on our bar at home. Thanks again.